Your most complete Disk Management Toolbox
Acronis Disk Director 11 Home is an all-new version of the most feature-rich disk management product available. If you're serious about maximizing disk use and data safety, it's never been easier to create hard disk partitions or resize, move or merge partitions without data loss. Acronis Disk Director 11 Home includes powerful new features like Windows® 7 support, Dynamic Disk and GPT disk support, spanning a volume across multiple disks and much more.
Acronis Disk Director Tools
Acronis Disk Director 11 Home brings together the most valuable disk management functions and partition recovery tools in a single powerful package.
- Partition Management
- A comprehensive array of expert-level features gives users the control they need to maximize disk use. You can merge, split, resize, copy, and move partitions without losing data. It also lets you quickly reorganize a hard drive's structure.
- Acronis Recovery Expert
- Acronis Recovery Expert is a highly reliable data partition and disk recovery tool that prepares you to tackle and repair the results of a personal error, hardware or software failure, virus attack or hacker's intrusive destruction, fast.
- Acronis OS Selector
- Acronis OS Selector allows you to install multiple operating systems on one computer. You can boot an operating system from any partition on any hard disk or have several multiboot systems on the same partition. It's easy to use and fast.
- New! Full Windows® 7 Support
- Acronis supports all Windows operating systems back to Windows XP.
- New! Clone disk to a replacement HDD
- No need to spend hours installing your old disk's operating system and applications. Disk cloning returns you to action on the new disk in just minutes.
- New! Dynamic disk support *
- Using Partition Management, carry out volume resizing, copying and other functions you'd perform with basic disks on Dynamic Disks too.
- New! Convert basic disk to dynamic and vice versa
- As your requirements change, you can quickly convert between basic and dynamic disks in just moments.
- New! Span volume across multiple physical disks
- Supports up to 32 disks.
- New! Convert MBR disk to GPT and vice versa
- Take advantage of GPT disks' ability to run partitions larger than 2TB with a quick conversion function.
- New! GPT disks support
- Frees you from the 2TB partition limit size imposed by MBR disk layouts.
* These features are available for operating systems that support them.
- Resize, split and merge volumes
- It's easy to adjust a volume's size, break it up or merge volumes with no loss of data integrity, and no need to reinstall operating system and applications.
- Create, convert, copy and move volumes
- Make adjustments more easily than is possible with built-in disk management tools.
- Install multiple operating systems on one PC.
- Try new operating systems without impacting your current system with Acronis OS Selector.
- Boot from CD/DVD, USB stick or USB drive
- Use whatever medium is most convenient.
- New! Add/break mirrored volumes *
- Adding mirrored volumes builds redundancy for greater fault tolerance.
- Use with Acronis® True Image Home 2011
- When used with Acronis Disk Director 11 Home, it provides comprehensive partition management and system protection.
* These features are available for operating systems that support them.
By dividing your hard drive into individual partitions for your operating system, programs, data files, music and images, you can do a better job of organizing your disk and, most importantly, achieve higher levels of data safety.
Acronis Disk Director 11 Home makes this task a breeze. A comprehensive array of expert-level features gives users the control they need to maximize disk use.
You can merge, split, resize, copy, and move partitions without losing data. It also lets you reorganize a hard drive's structure quickly to optimize disk space usage and more.
- FAT 16, FAT 32, NTFS, Linux Ext2, Ext3, ReiserFS, and Linux SWAP partition support. Special sector-by-sector support for copying and moving partitions of any other type.
- Split one partition into two and leave your data intact
- Merge two partitions into one and leave your data untouched, even if file systems on the partitions are different
- Explore partition data before performing partitioning operations
- Troubleshoot issues and reasons for failure by viewing logs
- Resize, copy, and move partitions without losing data*
- Create and delete partitions of any type
- Format partitions*
- Automatically optimize hard disk space usage
- Browse through the detailed information about all hard disks, partitions and file systems
- Hide or make visible partitions of any type
- Preview changes made in partition layout before applying them to disk
- Supports large disks: up to 2TB volumes on MBR and any size on GPT
* For supported file systems
Acronis Recovery Expert
Acronis is constantly optimizing the features and ease-of use of its products to keep you ahead of the curve. With Acronis Disk Director 11 Home we offer enhanced disk managing and partition recoveries with the inclusion of Acronis Recovery Expert. If you suffer a failed hard disk recovery or need to restore a deleted partition, you'll find that restoring it has never been easier!
Acronis Recovery Expert is a highly reliable data partition and disk recovery tool that prepares you to tackle and repair the results of a personal error, hardware or software failure, virus attack or hacker's intrusive destruction, fast. It recovers deleted or lost partitions quickly. And it gets you back to work in moments if your PC becomes unbootable after a power outage or a system error.
- Recover deleted or lost partitions on your hard drive
- Boot from bootable CDs, DVDs, USB flash drives or USB hard disk drives. Enables you to recover partitions even if your operating system fails to boot.
- User-friendly interface for superior usability and ease-of-use
Note: Acronis Recovery Expert only works with basic MBR disks.
Acronis OS Selector
Acronis® Disk Director® 11 Home includes a boot manager called Acronis OS Selector that is powerful, reliable, and easy-to-use.
Running on Windows® XP systems and higher (including Windows 7), it allows you to install multiple operating systems on one computer. You can boot an operating system from any partition on any hard disk or have several multiboot systems on the same partition. It's easy to use and fast.
- Protect your data with Acronis' advanced boot manager
- Acronis OS Selector allows you to install different multi-boot systems for your children, your work and for software tests. You can also protect multi-boot operating systems with passwords.
- Use older programs and your most modern software on the same computer!
- Your favorite games and applications don't work with Windows 7 or other recent operating systems? Simply install both Windows 7 and the applicable older Windows version and reboot when necessary.
- Try Linux or any other operating system
- If you haven't tried Linux® before, Acronis OS Selector is for you. We keep the process simple so you can try Linux or any Windows operating system, and take advantage of Acronis' highly flexible interface.
- Boot from an additional hard disk drive. Acronis OS Selector enables you to set the disk order so you can boot from any hard drive you select
- Insert a bootable CD/DVD and it will automatically be detected and displayed as a multiboot option by Acronis OS Selector
- Detect multiple operating systems that became unbootable due to some accidental reasons with Acronis OS Selector detection tool
- Protect multi-boot operating systems and setup with a password
- Boot virus protection included
- Repartition your system for a new operating system installation
- Exclusive! Install and boot an operating system from any partition of any hard disk
- Support 100 or more operating systems including Windows 7 and Linux on a single PC
- Install several versions of Windows on a single partition. Operating systems with the same folder names (e.g. C:\Program Files) on one partition are supported
- Clone an operating system installation as a back-up
- Hide operating systems and partitions
Note: Acronis OS Selector only works with basic MBR disks.
- Intuitive Windows-style interface with comprehensive on-line help and full mouse support
- Increased stability with respect to changes in partition and hard disk configurations
- You can power off the computer directly from the boot menu to save administrative steps
- Very flexible and fine adjustments of the boot menu
- Support operating systems both on primary and logical partitions of any hard disk drive.
- Support several Windows 98 / Windows NT® / Windows 2000 / Windows XP / Windows Vista™ / Windows 7 operating systems on a single partition.
- Hide any partitions independently of any given operating system.
- Make full copies of Windows 98 / Windows NT / Windows 2000 / Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7 operating systems.
- Update Windows 98 / Windows NT / Windows 2000 / Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7 without losing a previous version.
- Boot Windows 98 / Windows Me / Windows 2000 / Windows Vista / Windows 7 from another hard disk.
- Automatically boot default operating system.
Operating system detection
- Automatically detect both known and unknown operating systems.
- Detect operating system update.
- Detect and turn off boot managers built into operating systems.
- Detect the version number and language of an operating system.
- Automatically recover MBR.
- Support unknown operating systems.
Supported operating systems *
- Windows 3.1 + DOS
- Windows 95
- Windows 98
- Windows ME
- Windows NT 3.1
- Windows NT 3.5
- Windows NT 3.51
- Windows NT 4.0
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Linux (any distribution)
- SCO UNIX
- Special support for unknown systems
* Acronis OS Selector supports all of these operating systems, but requires any Windows operating system from Windows XP onwards in order to run.
Acronis OS Selector is included with Acronis Disk Director 11 Home but requires a separate installation. First install Acronis Disk Director 11 Home. Then install Acronis OS Selector and reboot your system. Click here to learn more.
Supported operating systems
- Windows® 7 (all editions)
- Windows Vista (all editions)
- Windows XP (all editions)
Minimum hardware requirements
- Boot firmware: Bios-based *
- Computer processor: modern processor, 800Mhz or faster
- System memory: 256MB
- Screen resolution: 800x600 pixels
- Installation disk space: 150MB
- Other: Mouse
* Machines that are based on Extensible Firmware Interface (EFI) are not supported
Recommended hardware requirements
- Computer processor: 1Ghz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- System memory: 512MB or more
- Screen resolution: 1024x768 or higher
- CD / DVD recording drive, or a flash drive for bootable media creation
- Linux SWAP
Supported file systems
- Linux SWAP
|Feature||Acronis Disk Director 11 Home||Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced Workstation||Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced Server|
|Price per License||39.95€||84.00€||551.00€|
|Install Multiples OSs on one PC|
|Rescue Media Builder|
|GPT Disk Support|
|Dynamic Disk Support|
|Repair RAID-5 Column|
|Command Line Interface|
|Commit Pending Operations|
|Supported Operating Systems|
|Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2|
|Windows Server 2003 and 2003 R2|
* Requires Acronis Disk Director 11 Home Update 1
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Acronis® Disk Director® 11 Home?
- Who needs Acronis Disk Director 11 Home?
- What are the main benefits of Acronis Disk Director 11 Home?
- What is new in Acronis Disk Director 11 Home?
- What are the main features?
- What are the differences between Acronis Disk Director 11 Home and Acronis Disk Director Suites?
- What languages is Acronis Disk Director 11 Home available in?
- What operating systems does Acronis Disk Director 11 Home support?
- What are the minimum system requirements?
- How many PC's can benefit from one Acronis Disk Director 11 Home license?
- Why should I register my new Acronis Disk Director 11 Home license?
- Can I try Acronis Disk Director 11 Home before I purchase it?
What is Acronis® Disk Director® 11 Home?
This all-in-one solution for disk management and partitioning combines a number of previous Acronis® disk and partition management tools, such as Partition Manager for creating partitions of any type; plus, resizing, moving, copying, splitting and merging your volumes, while leaving your data intact.
Who needs Acronis Disk Director 11 Home?
With its superior power, flexibility and ease of use, Acronis Disk Director 11 Home is the right choice for anyone who needs to perform advanced operations over disk layouts in order to get the most out of their PC
- Home and Small Offices
- Advanced users
- Users looking for disk management and partition
What are the main benefits of Acronis Disk Director 11 Home?
Efficiency: Reorganize your PC for better performance and data safety
Flexibility: Resize, copy, move, split and merge partitions without losing your data
Powerful: Optimized to offer the best Windows® 7 performance
Ease of Use: User friendly interface and wizards guide you to a new way of data management
What is new in Acronis Disk Director 11 Home?
- Full Windows 7 Support
- Dynamic Disk support (*): Dynamic Disks provide greater functionality - volumes can be spread over several disks
- GPT disk support: GPT disk allow you to create volumes over 2TB and get additional disk reliability against possible data damage
- Add or break mirrored volumes (*): Make your basic or simple volume fault-tolerant in just one action by adding a mirror. If you need extra unallocated space on a disk containing one of the mirrors, remove the mirror
- Span volume across multiple physical disks: Optimize your system by combining free space on different hard disk drives and get larger volumes
- Convert basic disk to dynamic and vice versa: Convert the existing basic disks to dynamic to achieve additional disk reliability for data storage
- Convert MBR disk to GPT and vice versa: Why you would need to convert MBR to GPT basic disk:
- If you need to make a volume whose size is over 2 TB
- If you need more than four primary volumes on one disk
- Clone disk to a replacement HDD: The Disk Cloning wizard lets you replace the old basic MBR disk with a new one without reinstalling operating systems and applications
* For supported operating systems
What are the main features?
Manage all your disks and volumes with extreme flexibility
Carry out a vast array of disk and volume management operations:
- Resize, move, copy, split and merge volumes without data loss or destruction
- Format and label volumes, assign volumes letters and set volumes active
Install Multiple operating systems on a PC
Try new operating systems without impacting your current system with Acronis OS Selector
User friendly interface and wizards guide you in order to get the most out of your PC
Recover lost or deleted partitions
Acronis® Recovery Expert helps you to recover accidentally lost or deleted volumes on basic MBR disks
Boot from CD/DVD or USB stick
Boot your PC from CD or USB stick and manage all your volumes
What are the differences between Acronis Disk Director 11 Home and Acronis Disk Director Suites?
Please refer to the Version Comparison page.
What languages is Acronis Disk Director 11 Home available in?
The following languages will be available in an upcoming release:
What operating systems does Acronis Disk Director 11 Home support?
- Windows 7 (all editions)
- Windows Vista (all editions)
- Windows XP (all editions)
What are the minimum system requirements?
Boot firmware - Bios-based**
Computer processor - Modern processor, 800Mhz or faster
System memory - 256MB
Screen resolution - 800x600 pixels
Installation disk space - 150MB
Other Hardware – Mouse
** Machines that are based on Extensible Firmware Interface (EFI) are not supported
How many PC's can benefit from one Acronis Disk Director 11 Home license?
You are allowed to install and use Acronis Disk Director 11 Home on one PC
Why should I register my new Acronis Disk Director 11 Home license?
Register your Acronis Disk Director 11 Home is fast and simple. Once your copy is registered you can take advantage of the following benefits:
- Free post-sales technical support - Included for the first 30 days. Help is available via email and chat 24x7
- A secure place to archive your serial number
- Legal certainty about the software you have bought and are entitled to use
- Free product updates
- Information about the latest product updates and special offers
Can I try Acronis Disk Director 11 Home before I purchase it?
Yes, you can download a demo version from http://www.acronis.eu/homecomputing/products/diskdirector/. This version has limited functionality.